Sunday, February 22, 2009

Saving on Sunday: Meijer Mealbox


I decided to post on the Meijer Mealbox program, because I feel like it might have changed my life today. Where else can you get a week's worth of recipes and shopping lists?

Meijer Mealbox comes out with new recipes for the week every week. Not only does it list the recipe, but it also lists the price of each ingredient at Meijer and whether or not there are any special coupons for it. You can browse the entire database of recipes and make your own mealplan for the week with a simple click. When you are done compiling your recipes, it also makes a shopping list that you can print out or email to yourself. This shopping list will include the special Meijer Mealbox coupons and Meijer's current sales. For those of you (like me!) on a strict food budget each week, this really helps on knowing what your final cost will be. And when you combine the sales with your own coupons, you can really save BIG!

This week I knew I needed to get rid of all the potatoes I bought on sale before they got bad. I was able to pick several yummy looking recipes, including:

-Ham and Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
-Chunks of Potato Soup

Meijer Mealbox is a great way to keep track of all your shopping lists and recipes you like as well as get special coupons. Post your experience with Meijer Mealbox and share how you use it!

1 comment:

Mrs. T said...

Meijer sounds like a neat store. We don't have those or CVS around us. Sniff. Thanks for sharing.