Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Fun: Cook Up Something New!


One of my favorite new things to do is try out new recipes. I just love looking in magazines for inspiration, since they usually come with gorgeous photos taken to make my mouth water. The key to cooking new recipes is to read the ingredient list and find out what you need. There are tons of delicious recipes out there, but sometimes they might turn out to be more than what your wallet bargained for! Finding the recipes that list ingredients you regularly have on hand will save you money and time at the grocery store.

Last night, I made Summer Chicken and Vegetable Hash from my Martha Stewart Living magazine, and I have to say it was one of the funnest things I've ever made. Perhaps it was the joy of making a dinner entirely from scratch, or maybe it was the excitement of a new recipe-- I was hooked! My husband and his brother thoroughly enjoyed it, so I plan on adding it to the rotation of meals from now on. Although it took longer to prepare than most meals I usually make, it was well worth it for the fun!

This Friday, consider trying out a new recipe this week. We all get stuck in a rut with our meals sometimes, and trying out new versions or takes on old staples are a great way to break out of it. To search for recipes by ingredients, visit Super Cook. Or try All Recipes.

*Photo by Becky Luigart-Stayner

No comments: